Friday, August 19, 2011

a birthday meal

  Ever see the Parks and Rec episode where Leslie spends the whole episode plotting Ron's Birthday? She teases and threatens him with balloons and the thought of a big huge party with tons of people and presents- essentially everything that would make a man's man like Ron Swanson cringe! In the end, she shows him to a dimly lit room with one chair and a big ol' turkey feast in front of a TV and two movies that she rented for him.
  Kyle and I are big fans of Parks and Rec, so I thought for his birthday I would try to create my own version of a Leslie Knope/Ron Swanson party for my sweet man. I am always cooking up meatless dinner plates that include vegetables and salad of sorts. Since Kyle is a "meat and potatoes" kind of guy, I thought he might really appreciate a dinner like this.
  I drew up a little dinner menu and sat at the table with him for a quiet little dinner party. He seemed really psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment