Friday, July 29, 2011

who are you?





  The Stranger Pictures project is so interesting. And exciting! The idea seems to have originated from The Plug and inspired Joanna Goddard to do try it out for herself and write about it for Glamour.
  The idea is that you take a disposable camera and tie it to a public bench with a little note asking passersby to have some fun and take a picture. The camera is picked up at the end of the day (if no one steals it!). I wonder what kind of personalities and smiles I'd discover if I did something like that out here on Long Island?
  I love social experiments like this :) Sometimes, when I'm bored, I imagine going to a busy public place and asking people questions- almost like a mini interview, and record their answers along with a photo. I never do because I'm slightly afraid of freaking people out. I mean, its not like I'd have a reason to do so other than boredom and loneliness. But, maybe thats all the reason I need?

No comments:

Post a Comment